This is what I did with the mushrooms we found in the forest. It was really delicious.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb of wild mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots (or 1 onion), diced
- 1 1/2 cups white rice (this is what I used and it was fine)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped (or dried) chives
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and stir in the shallots (or onions). Cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with
their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to